Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Gw and Christy

This post may be be too long by i dont care- these pictures are too cute and there is definitely a story behind these fun photos!

GW had called me a while back and wanted to book an engagement session for his fiance, Christy's, birthday gift....what he ended up planning was an entire proposal at the session! He called me a few days before to let me in on it and tell me his plans for the shoot. I had never been a part of or gotten to document a proposal so this was really fun for me! I was so nervous though that i would mess it up or get it out of sync somehow from what GW had planned. But I was immediately stoked to be able to freeze this amazing moment for two of them!
The day approached and it was raining off and on but we had already decided rain or shine this was going to happen! :) So we all bring our umbrellas and meet up on the streets of downtown. What GW has planned is that we would start the shoot as normal...and about half way in the shoot we needed to end up at a certain location (that was covered, in case it was drentching us at this point) where he wanted to pop the question. Christy has NO idea still and is just enjoying the fun of the photo shoot....i was beside myself and just kept on clicking to catch the moment. During me posing them for a picture, GW falls to one knee and ask Christy for her hand in marriage. She says YES! :)
Then my job was to play it completely cool and get them over to Main Street to Piero's where GW had set up a candlelit dinner and champagne for the two of them on the balcony to celebrate. Piero's has fantastic art pieces and bright colored walls inside the restaurant so i suggested that we poke our head in there to see if they would let us shoot. The wait staff is completely in on it too and leads us upstairs to the balcony where Christy is then surprised again! Moments later her twin sister and her husband come around the corner to celebrate with them. Aaaaahhhhh....i have the most fun job in the world! Here are a few pics to help complete the story....

No comments:

Blog Archive